DIY: Homemade Cucumber Facial Mist – Toner for Glowing Skin

Health Comments Off

Skincare options are legion nowadays. Each brand has tons of products to offer for a skin problem, or even before the problem can arise. Some work, some do not, and some others that work for your skin do not seem to work for your pocket – right? Toners or facial mists are summer essence. I want a chilled spray bottle of toner waiting for me in the refrigerator when I return home. I cannot use my facial essentials now and then due to the hefty price tag it comes with. I’ve sorted down my own solution, which can also be yours once you scroll down and read the full post.

Things You Need for Cucumber Facial Mist?
Rose or cucumber, according to your preference; You can prepare a toner with one of the two ingredients. I have used cucumber. There is nothing tricky with the list of ingredients too. Only a single cucumber is all you need.

What must we do?

Step 1:
Take a fresh, healthy cucumber.

Step 2:
3rd of the cucumber of the size I have – You will need about 2. You can buy a smaller piece.

Step 3:
Peel the cucumber. You can avoid peeling and merely wash thoroughly. The goal is to clean the cucumber thoroughly.

Step 4:
Now there can be two ways. In case you use it only as a toner and would probably use it once or twice a day, you can immediately churn it, sift the juice out and store it. My goal is to get a DIY cucumber toner for face, that needs to be a little more liquid. I’m going the other way for this reason. I will start by cutting the cucumber in horizontal lines first.

Step 5:
I need tiny pieces of cucumber, so I give vertical cuts as well. In order to get fine and sizeable chopped cucumber pieces, make sure to cut it from the base.

Step 6:
Transfer those fine pieces into a pan.

Step 7:
Fill in the water with this pan, roughly the amount in which these cucumber pieces are also submerged.

Step 8:
Keep the pan on low heat for 5-7 minutes in total. We do this because we want the cucumber essence to blend with the water nicely. All at once, do not boil the water or keep it for a long time, because that will work against the goal, that is, it will kill the nutrients in the cucumber.

Step 9:
Now, turn off the heat and let the cucumber to be in the cool water down a bit. It would cool down about 10 minutes to the level that we want. Bring the whole thing to a mixing bowl.

Step 10:
Churn for about 20 seconds holding the mixer speed on the 1st level.

Step 11:
We are almost done with the procedure and what do you think? I am already excited to spray it on my face! We now have to sieve the juice, and that will separate the larger pieces.

Step 12:
Filter the juice and collect it directly in a storage bottle or a glass for the moment.
That’s it, our cucumber facial spray/toner is ready! Cool it in a clean bottle and spray if necessary.

Ways You can use it:
If a facial treatment is missing – this is my favorite type of use. I just love spraying it on, after my face washing ritual at homecoming in the hot summer days. It is pure indulgence!
Cucumber has natural toning properties so that you can use it twice a day as a toner alone.
Get the cooled liquid on a cotton pad and place it on your eyes to get rid of swollen eyes and pain.

Shelf life:
The one-time preparation of this cucumber face toner will serve for about 4 days when stored in the refrigerator. You can experiment the same procedure with rose petals also instead of cucumber.
Have you ever tried cucumber mask for your skin? Try this and let me know how you want it. Until next time, take care!

Author

Search

Back to Top

Skip to toolbar