The World Health Organization (WHO) will publish the report of a group of researchers on the origin of the coronavirus in the week beginning Monday, March 15.
WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus says WHO wants to share the findings with all member states.
On Thursday, it was announced that a summary of the report that was to be released earlier had been deleted. Researchers Peter Ben Embarek and Marion Koopmans said this is because the researchers want to publish all information at once.
A group of independent scientists published an open letter about the research. They want a new and more open investigation into the start of the pandemic. “We are currently no further than we were a year ago,” said Nikolai Petrovski, a vaccine expert at the University of Adelaide in Australia.
In the open letter, the 26 experts write that the research is too dependent on China’s material that may have been tampered with. “The WHO mission did not have the powers to conduct free research everywhere and thus rule out theories.”